Saturday, August 18, 2007

sept. fashion style layouts












I was having a conversation with a very creative minded male about my distaste for current editorials that reference Russo-Boudoire-Jazz Age-20s-head-dress-styling. After remarking that, granted, I don't like them partially because I never was and probably never will be 'into' the 20s other than as a historical reference for cut and drape. Adding that, generally, a lot of females are so in love with the 20s that it is bar none, their favorite time period. Which, illicits this response from the attentive partner "I bet you wouldn't like the 20s so much if you lived there, now would you? You'd have no job, no eats, be knocked up, and there's no drank. Bummer" So to make this worthwhile, you can make your own decisions from Vogue's Sept 07 Editorial and W's Sept 07 Editorial with Gwyneth Paltrow; the W just looks fresher and not as played out. /minirant

No comments: