Monday, January 7, 2008

Veruschka: rad babe



"I was always being different types of women. I copied
Ursula Andress, Brigitte Bardot, Greta Garbo. Then I got bored so I painted myself as an animal." Really German pretending to be Russian. Really formerly wealthy but due to war resistance did what any blindingly tall slyph-y girl of today would do; run to paris and become a model/actress except she did it in ye olden days of fashion when all models/actresses were less grasshopper and more audrey hepburn. (look for her in Blow Up) At the top of her career she earned 10K/day; this is in the early 70s. Ya heard 90s super models? However, she peaced out on modeling and moved on into art after disagreeing with the editor in chief of Vogue at the time (grace mirabella) who wanted her to change her image to be more approachable to the average woman. She is still alive and well and hopefully just as rad.

No comments: