Tuesday, February 19, 2008

no reservations


After watching this Anthony Bourdain show on the travel channel (you can watch the rest of the show on YouTube; the part above is where Anthony goes to eat at the 1$ buffet and introduces that he will be cooked for by royalty later in the show) and coupling it with my adoration of Wes Anderson's fantasy portrayal of this country in The Darjeeling Limited, I need to go to India. You can stay in these palace hotels, really, its cool. Also, Indian food: I need it. Not to say I am ignorant of the incredible amounts of people and the rampant poverty in India, I just feel like its a better place to aspire to visit than, you know, HelL-A, or Miami wit my gurrliezz. (Also due to the
above factors it is no wonder that brands are pushing Indian Styling for spring. It's beautiful and fresh)

No comments: