Tuesday, February 17, 2009

isaac loves liz!




How appropriate and adorable is this s/s09 ad for Liz Claiborne? Isaac Mizrahi really had his work cut out for him when taking over creative helm of the dusty icono-house, but this ad and spring preview looks like bringing back Liz could really work. Every day clothes for everyday women; all shapes, sizes, colors, and ages. Really, it's just good design, something I.M. is no stranger to. I never considered myself a Liz customer, but even my royal salti-ness can't find fault with this approach.

In other news, I am currently pouring over thumbnails from fw09 rtw, mostly boring, somewhat sad, a few good new comers, but this sartorial gem from style.com is choice.
"(Tracy) Reese worked a schoolgirl vibe for Fall, adding nerdy specs (one of this season's mini trends)..." Style.com... when CHET from the real world is adding urban outfitter's gleaned nerd-ocles to his crispy fresh new 'cool dude' wardrobe that is kind of the swan song of a trend. I am just hoping he starts sporting uggs or crocs so those can jump off the radar along with fake glasses and keffiyah scarves.

No comments: